Part-time and full-time available.
We are currently seeking a communications specialist.
As such, you’d regularly check in with clients (virtually) to make sure we’re meeting their needs. You’d interview people and then write everything from blogs to press releases to website content. You’d coordinate projects with other team members and with our wonderful network of partners and vendors. You’d occasionally develop marketing copy to promote our own services and those of our clients, as well as prepare content for social media and other online platforms to support strategic goals.
To be successful in this role, it’ll help to be good with people, and a storyteller with a bit of grammar nerd thrown in for good measure. You’ll need to know your way around a computer and you should also have a couple of years under your belt planning, creating, and delivering content that fosters strong relationships and loyalty between clients and their key audiences.
Here are some nitty, gritty qualifications…
- Exceptional communication skills and a familiarity with public relations practices, combined with the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Experience creating engaging content
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Excellent research, organizational, and time-management skills
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
- Familiarity with a variety of social media and website platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, WordPress, and SquareSpace
- Familiarity with Canva (Adobe Creative Suite – preferred, not required)
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office Google Suite, Slack, Dropbox, and other business applications
If you’re nodding along, wondering how you can get in on this goodness, let’s talk about how you could fit in.
We are based in Ukiah, California, and while we are happy to offer a hybrid work situation between home and the office, we do want someone who can join us in person during our monthly company lunches and who can visit clients on-site from time to time. With the addition of this role, we will have five employees, so yes, we’re small. This means each person’s efforts are crucial to our company’s success.
Pay and Benefits…
We offer medical and dental insurance, 10 days of PTO, and 7 paid holidays for full-time staff. Pay is dependent on experience.
A note about inclusion…we hire based on an applicant’s qualifications, work ethic, and values alignment. The idea of discriminating based on what you look like, where you’re from, or who you love seems like a surefire way to miss out on great employees. Plus, we know we make better decisions when we consider things from multiple perspectives, so we’re always looking for people who can provide alternative viewpoints.
If you’re interested, please complete this application and we’ll take it from there.